Sunday, February 18, 2007

Narration: Discovering Life

By Ryan Pochedly 10-5-2005


When my life
Ended, as yours undoubtedly will
Someday,
I found myself in the middle
Of a dimly lit auditorium.
I was alone, sitting
On a plush red seat, rows
Back from a vast movie
Screen, blank
White, this cinema,
Was missing the smell of popcorn
And hushed whispers.

The lights flickered, faded
And died, one by one.
A projector from the rear,
In a clanky discharge,
Rumbled, squeaked and spun its reels.
The screen crackled and flickered,
As a beacon of pale
Light sloped downward,
Casting my life upon its continuous
Surface.

I sat
In my current state watching
My movie, my production.
Unlike a Hollywood script,
It was uneventful. A series
Of repeating moments, meaningless
Clips of everyday life. I saw myself,
Over and over walking down
Sidewalks, across streets.
I witnessed the October leaves scraping
Pavement. And, instead of ignoring the way light
Attached to an object,
Through the panes of a window
In the afternoon
Sun, I saw for the first time
Its ever present beauty.
I fell in love again,
With a stranger in every scene.
I’d notice the way she’d
Nervously bite her lip.
Or how she walked dauntlessly
Through a strip mall unaware
That her shadow could
Cover a man’s sun for eternity.
I watched old baseball games
Recalling the worn out dugouts and sandy
Infields. I saw a ball hit to right
Field. The boy who couldn’t catch a fly
Was staring at the dandelions
As if he knew something
That we didn’t.

I relived it all. Every
Strand of nearly forgotten
Memories, so blameless
And fragile.

Labels:

Posted by Po @ 5:27 PM

Read or Post a Comment

At first I thought it was an analogy for the loss of the self; caught between paradigms, the mind/soul in such an awkward state, unable to make a move; no action at all.
At the same time strangely comfortable.
Coming to grips with the loss.

The sights and sounds of the life before you, flashing in your eyes, all of it so horribly meaningless and cold...

And then the breaking of the moment; the realization of something more--- no, not something more--- something in itself; the delight of conciousness, the experience of being.

It is being that moves you.
It is being that is common to humankind; the primordial link, the God in all of us, not transcendent of space or time but transcendent of this illusory reality, independent from the infinite paradigms.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ March 5, 2007 at 10:54 PM #
 

OMG we are related!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey if you've got any more, send them my way!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ September 3, 2007 at 10:26 PM #
 
<< Home