Saturday, December 30, 2006

Goodbye 2006...

While the end of 2006 is merely symbolic, it represents closure to certain things as well as endless possibilities in all of our lives. 2007 will bring a new year, a “fresh start”, and hopefully plenty of sober and non-sober memories. Yeah, that sounded sappy. The following is a list of things I’d like to accomplish in the upcoming year:

Travel + Experience:
Go to Japan. This is pretty definite as long as Tom & Amanda still want me to visit when the time comes. I truly think this could be a defining moment to my year, if not my life, as well as a chance to catch up with one of my oldest friends.

Travel to Vegas this summer and play in a $1000-$1500 buy in World Series of Poker circuit event. It would be an amazing opportunity to play with some of the games best poker players as well as a prime opportunity for me to cash in a live event.

Back packing. I haven’t done any real camping since my one year stint in the cub scouts in the second grade. I’ve always done the traditional ‘K-mart’ camping trip during Memorial Day weekends, but this will be different, a few days in the wilderness with nothing but my friends, a backpack, and a couple bottles of liquor.

Spirit:
I’ve been doing a lot of reading on Buddhism lately. I don’t like to think of it as a religion but as a ‘life philosophy’. It stresses a lot of things that I already find important. I hope to continue to gain insight on its main principles and practices.

Friendship:
I’d like to maintain and develop my current friendships. This year has seen a few new friendships and the deepening of existing ones. I anticipate 07’ will bring more of the same.

Body:
I’ve been working out or trying to maintain a certain degree of physical fitness for most of my life. However, the past few years have only seen sporadic spurts of workout and exercise without any noticeable gains or a ‘commitment to excellence’ (to quote Matt Jordan’s high school football spiel). In 07’ I hope to attain a 275lb bench press, as I peaked out at 250 earlier this year. I suppose a bit of running wouldn’t kill me either.

** Oh yeah, I hope to maintain this stupid blog too.

PS: I’d like to say thanks to my closest friends – the few the proud. You guys made 2006 a great year.

-Po memoriesforsale.blogspot.com

Labels:

Posted by Po @ 9:47 PM